Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hungry Heart

Like a river that don't know where it's going, I took a wrong turn and I just kept going.
and going,
and going...

We went out for a last minute camping trip last Saturday night. Just four of us, getting out just to get out, play washers and have some beverages. Who is fooling anyone? We got out to party by a fire.

 Our identities have been changed to protect the innocent.

 A definite religious experience.

When we got home Sunday morning, I painted the back wall trim to the house and taped the Bronco game to watch after the weather cooled. At about 2:00 pm there was a big cheer. at 2:15, a friend that was helping me paint showed back up after taking a break. He said he hoped I taped the game with an extended time because the game was till going on. Then I heard another big cheer.

Fifty minutes into the game I was wondering how to hell this game was ever going to be tied, sending it in to overtime. It was the worse display of NFL play I have witnessed in a long time. Miami, arguably one of the worst NFL teams, had the Broncos, maybe a slightly better team, at 15-0 with no timeouts. Well like the cheers foreshadowed, the Broncos delivered a miracle and tied the game. Then another miracle, they won it in overtime. It was not pretty. I am not a Tebow fan, but you got to give the guy credit for pulling that win out, maybe with the help of JC himself. Maybe they can run against Detroit on Sunday, ranked 28th against the run. Hmmm. Second religious experience.

The hard freeze came overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, make that Oct. 26. I had to scramble to get the plants and its hard to say goodbye to the fall.

 It was 70 degrees when I snapped this Tuesday.. Wednesday, snow and highs in 30's.

 Pruning all the trees.

 Getting ready for the annual Halloween party. If you are reading this and your local, you're invited.

 Jack. Best dog in America (except for your dog).

 Look whose tending bar. Not sure what I will be for Halloween yet. Hell, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up yet.

Got all the plants in.

Slack-jaw was in the garden eating my plants Tuesday. Don't tell the DOW,  they will come to the hood and kill him because he's deformed. I think he's cute

That's all I got for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments