Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Teardrops on the city......

Bad Scooter searching for his groove
Seem like the whole world walking pretty
And you can't find the room to move
Well everybody better move over, that's all
I'm running on the bad side
And I got my back to the wall
Tenth Avenue freeze-out, Tenth Avenue freeze-out




Well got that outa my system.  I was checking these Springsteen lyrics just to see what they really said, and the song got stuck in my head, hope its in yours now.  BTW, what's a tenth avenue freeze out?



Today I went to this building renovation downtown Colorado Springs.  It's an old bank that will be a "boutique" hotel whatever that means.  It's called the Mining Exchange Building cause way back when miners would bring their ore for exchange for money

This is one of the 17 safes throughout the building.  They found a original GI Joe in the box stuck in the walls and a lot of old newpapers.  Just think, without newsprint what will they find in the future?  I know what was newspaper doing in the walls anyway?


As promised, here's a picture of our tree, I know breath taking eh?  Got it in a Safeway Parking lot from a toothless lady with a big drink in a plastic cup, in between her hits of meth.  It's a white pine and very preeety.


This is my favorite new ornament from my Survivor buddies Ron and Char, Thanks!



This is my favorite older ornament, Bubba, when he was three, a little torn up!



And because I don't do favorites when it comes to the kids, here's my favorite, Mags at age 4.


Here's scarey santa, being scarey.  I may want to add here: If you haven't seen the movie "Bad Santa", put the kids to bed and give it a go.  It's crude alright but also very freakin' FUNNY.



I made this wonderful navy bean soup last night.  I have always been afraid about dried beans, but now that I am a big girl I can deal with it.  I soaked them in boiling water for two hours than turned on the heat with a knot of leftover ham.  There was no bone or for God's sake, a ham hock (but a bone would be good).  I am not letting a ham hock in the house.  On med heat covered for two hours with a bay leaf.  I took out the ham lump and added chopped ham,onion,celery and carrots and a can of chicken broth , a cup of water,rosemary thyme salt and pepper and cooked on simmer for about another hour.  Yummy.

Ok, about Survivor Finalle, Russell who thought he was smarter than everyone else, lost of to his side-kick Natalie.  A friend said he was still all bitching about it on the CBS morning show.  He felt slighted cause he was the bad guy and took the bullet.  Tough Russell, now shut-up about it.  Sad its over but the Thursday night group will still meet up, plus, not that it's much of a consolation, the Broncos still have a few games left.

I am not sure about how much blogging I'll be getting in over the holidays so Merry Christmas and I'll keep you posted whenever I'm feeling it.  Don't be down, it's the stressful and unrewarding holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments