Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm just mad about Saffron...

My friend Joe plays this Donovan song every once in a while, Mellow Yellow. It was stuck in my head this morning so I decided to look up what the lyrics meant because it is not real apparent. According to the various websites I visited it's about: liver failure, smoking banana peels, vibrators, a type of acid and sex with young girls, or a combination of them all.


I also love the song, Sunshine Superman, which is the title of previous album. "Any trick in the book now baby, all I can find." 
Anyway, when these recordings were released in the late sixties, I was only six or seven years old. Born late 1960, I missed the summer of love and the heavy psychedelic era by 10 years. I caught up to it in college in the late seventies, early eighties, the best I could. I was born too late I suppose. Funny now I feel it's all caught up with me.

Yesterday in the midst of my depression over my son's recent troubles I went over to the Buddhist Temple that's located in the chapel at the AFA. I was going over there regularly, once or twice a week, reading and meditating. When they demanded I do a more complicated design at my job, I felt I didn't have the time. I am going to make time for it as long as I am working up there. I feel better and more grounded. I left a dedication card for my son to find his way. HIS way, not mine, which I feel is my whole problem, I want him to go to a great college and do fantastic. The same hopes my parents had for me. I disappointed them and really myself, as I look back on it all. I can change all that.


The alter


The book I am reading there.


Where I sit in the temple.


Outside of the temple is the stained glass of the chapel.


The spherical-type roof of the chapel.


Cool clouds, Tuesday at the dog park. I see a giant insect.


I had jury duty Tuesday morning. I knew Bob would be there too after talking to KJ. I sat between him and a lady I photographed for the paper in Feb. What are the odds? There were maybe a few hundred people there out of the four hundred thousand in El Paso County. After we were dismissed Bob and I went to Nosh for lunch. Yum.


I know, Jack is a spolied brat. I bet his on our bed right now as I type this.


This was athlete of the week I shot Monday. No one, no one, believes in me at the paper.

I believe in me, and really, that's all that matters. I believe in you too. Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments