Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ain't that America

We had mid-year local voting for city, mayor and council in town yesterday. I didn't vote and I don't care. I have never cared less about an election before. I have taken on George Carlin's viewpoint on voting. Don't get me wrong, I just don't care anymore. Not about squabbling politicians making promises.  I've heard the same shit over and over now for the better part of 30 years and nothing has changed. Blah blah blah.

My son failed a mid-term Geography class. The kid has had two B's, the rest all A's his entire high school career. Why the problem now? I think this is basically the problem:


( I borrowed this from Bev at Out of my Head...Into YoursCheck her out, she's a good writer and very funny. )
    Anyhow, we've made a deal with the teacher. It's called a contract. If he manages to fly straight, get good grades and turn everything in, the F could become an higher grade. Can he do it? Absolutely. Will he? Maybe. If I have anything to do with it.

This weekend is the big Robotics Competition in Denver. That's where a lot of his free time has gone. Hope they do well, we're going up Friday night. Keep you posted.

A few snap shots from around the farm: Jack looks guilty, what do you think?


Now if I could get him to show his teeth like that guilty yellow lab, Denver, that was featured on You Tube, he could get his own Facebook page.

From the vault in my car formally known as the glove compartment. My own science project. Cupcakes that Cyn gave me for the kids after photographing the Bob Russel family for his 80th birthday on Dec. 28, 2009.


 I don't think they want them anymore. Maybe Bryce will experiment with them.

I'll be back, take, Care

1 comment:

  1. http://scienceblogs.com/omnibrain/2008/02/why_writing_journal_articles_i.php

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments