Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm drunk on red wine

well maybe not drunk but certainly buzzed, just thought I'd let you know.  We went over to our friends Joe and Sharon's house to meet her mother and sister and her kids, all from Texas, we've met all before, except for the mom, Margaret, who is from originaly Scotland and still has the brogue thing going.  She's very cool to listen to and we had a very good time, hence the mild drunkenness that is still allowing me to type on.  Well, it's been a wild week to say the least.

I am working at the Air Force Academy, which is akin to a atheist walking into a Orthodox catholic church.  I am a true patriot, but I have very limited knowledge of military rules as such, so I have had many a out of body experience there as I try to learn a newspaper layout program that takes at least a few months to master in a  few weeks.  Here's where I work:



It's a three story building on the AFA.  Folks, not in a million years would I think I'd be working here.


I love the reporter I am working with now but she's moving out to Seattle in a few weeks so I am not sure who I will be paired up with.  I am super scared about learning the ropes in two weeks time.  

Anyway  I am doing fine, and will write later about the fun of last weekend, because it's worth mentioning, but I am way too tired to get into it now, just thought I'd say "hi" and that it wasn't me who jumped to their death from a bridge onto I-25 last week.  It's not that bad and I will survive, I will and be better than ever...love you C.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good evening! I'm working on a white wine buzz at the moment.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samsmama, Good to hear from you, I've been out of it. But I'm trying to get back in it, take care, C.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments