Tuesday, April 27, 2010

cuckoo for cupcakes and Basterds

First the good.......mm good.......


made by this lady who started a biz called The Couture Cupcake Co.


She was a good egg for going along for the portrait.  She hated every minute of it.  But honestly she could never afford the advertising a cover of the Food section will deliver.
Too bad I dropped the doz. she boxed from the shoot for the photo dept.  A case of tastes good,looks bad.

then the bad......


Murder scene in an area of town called the Cage of Fear.  Sorry, but I cannot agree with the argument that crime is up in that area because the street lights have been shut off.

well, tied for ugly......

thought you had a bad day.....


and the boring..


out east of town, where they are proposing a VA cemetery.  Pretty far out there. Maybe in 20 years it will butt up against development.  I don't think so, too far.

and today's cat art...


preeeety baby


OK. Inglorious Basterds, Directed by the ever-dark , quirky, brilliantly surprising, QuentinTarintino

I thought this movie was great. Took place in Nazi occupied France in 1941 ish, (My daughter left halfway through, but she is 13 and we were all beat up from a long week. ) In the opening scene Nazi's are looking for hidden Jews in the French country-side. The first scene is very unnerving.  The tension is so thick. But it is soooo freaking long.  But brilliant.
I love Tarintino's style and he make's no apologies for laying it all out, straight-up.  He offends, and stereotypes. Loved Brad Pitt and Waltz.  A lot to take in, but worth the time. Take that Nazi's.  My grade... A.



Have a fab Wednesday,  love, C.

PS follow me if you enjoy this blog.  I've been stuck at 15 followers forever, (I am very grateful for them.)  It's easy to sign up for  a Google account, alls you need if an email address and a password.  Jess sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments